Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Epic Mount

Yes, getting the Epic Mount is the pinnacle of any level 70 but to a druid it means so much more. We get the sexy Swift Flight Form!
/hawt
So loving to farm, I have been doing mining and herb circuits like a mad man. Right now I am making roughly 300g a day from posting these mats in the AH before going to bed. Not bad, add on my 150g a day from dailys and I am on pace to have my mount by July 31st (taking into account the 2000g I have farmed since Friday, yes I had 38s to my name Friday morning). Just in time for a nice birthday present to me! I will need to farm for Lower City Rep as well, not only for Lower City Prayerbook, but so then I can do the final quests in the chain. Getting two Prayerbook's will increase my +heals by 60, good stuff and the rep is not that hard to farm, esp on heroic when I can farm for badges as well.

The 5000g price tag seems like a lot at first, but its totally doable. The best advice I can give is STOP BUYING SHIT!!! Yeah I know you want that gem, but do you really need to spend 600g on it right now? no you really don't, there are other options as far as acquiring the gem. Most quality gems are available to purchase via Badges, so get going. One full run through Kara will net you more then enough Badges of Justice to buy it from the vendor. It might seem cruel not spending money, but if you do it right it will only take two weeks, and in the grand scheme of things that is well worth it.

Here are some helpful tips that everyone can use, no mater their professions (unless you play on the Misha server, if I see you doing this on my server I will find you and rape your dog. just kidding... or am I?)

1. Loot EVERYTHING. Even grey items they do have value at the vendor, even if you sell it for 1s that 1s more towards your goal and like your mom always said pocket change adds up.

2 a. Get to know common AH values. Some people just don't understand how the AH works and to me this is mind baffling. I have made good money in the past scanning the AH looking for items that are way under priced, bid on them and then resell them at a higher price. This is just like the real world buy and sell, you might be making 30s per flip, but that is 30s you did not have to work for.

2 b. Get to know common vendor values. Sometimes you can sell something for more to a vendor then you can in the AH, this applies from greys to greens, mostly greys and whites. while scanning you might see that someone placed Netherweave Cloth for some ridiculously low price. BID on it, don't buy it. If you win the auction don't even think twice and sell it to the vendor. Obviously there is no demand for that mat at this point on your server so why waste your money trying to repost it on the AH. Sell it and get your money! You could always do what I call the Rabbit Hoard method. Win it and put in in your bank and take it out once you realize there is a high demand for that particular item. This method yields the biggest return, but it requires a trained eye in the AH

3. Run alts through instances. People with alts just want to level their toon quick. and while you are spending your time at the AH pay attention to trade talk. Sometimes you will see that someone is offering up 10g for a run trough Stocks/Dead Mines. DO IT. these runs are easy and its free money. Greens will drop and if the dude is not a dick you can roll for them too and sell those in the AH. Twinks need gear too, remember?

4. Solo lower level instances
. There is money in lower instances and you just don't realize it. Instances drop a lot of greens, greens that Alts love to buy. Make money off their laziness do the grind work and you will be rewarded. Remember here I am a Resto Druid with no other sets of armor. If I can do it you have no excuses.

5. Become a cheep ass. Don't buy water, beg your Mage friend to make some for you. your ONLY expense should be repairing armor during this grind. everything else is a luxury. You don't need to buy pots through the AH, do dailys that reward pots, they gotta come from somewhere.

6. Do Daily's
. Daily's net between 10-20g per quest. Its easy money and easy rep, two things that every player wants to have more of. Grab a buddy and you can fly through 10 daily's in an hour, especially the Isle daily's.

7. Set goals. I can not tell you how important this one is. Don't set yourself into the mind set of I need 5000g NOW. break it up. A good goal would be, "today I want to make 200g from daily's and 200g in the AH" by doing that it makes the task less daunting.

8. Have fun. This might seem obvious, but a lot of people treat WoW like it's a job. Remember this is after all just a game. If you don't get your mount in two weeks, who cares? all that matters is that your are having fun! So get out there and I will see you in the skys

-Zeffy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also give that netherweave cloth to tailors :P

-Vox

Anonymous said...

Even better, you can make bandages and sell them for twice as much. I wrote a bit about that awhile back, you can read it here.