Wednesday, June 4, 2008

WoWless activites

I got a call last night from HP saying that my computer is going to take another two weeks to fix, because they need get some parts... I know that that means they did not work on it at all over the past two weeks they have had it. so they found it tossed in a corner and then called me assuring me that it was someone else's fault. The thing I don't get is that I sent this into am HP Repair Center, shouldn't there be parts ALL OVER THE PLACE? OK I need to move on before I get upset again.

Here are a couple of activities I have been partaking in while my computer has been tossed in a corner

1. Get in Shape
As I have mentioned in a previous post I tend to drink beer whenever I WoW... Hell I drink beer whenever I'm bored too. But all of this consumption of liquid bread has lead to me having a beer gut and word on the street is that women don't like all that flab, who would have thought? I have been using the following rotation of workouts to go from flabby and pathetic to less flabby and a tad bit less pathetic

DAY 1
CHEST
Bench 4 sets of 4 reps
Incline Bench 4 sets of 4 reps
Flyers 4 sets of 8 reps

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 4 sets of 4 reps
Side Laterals 4 sets of 6 reps
Front Laterals 4 sets of 6 reps

TRICEPS
Tricep Press down 4 sets of 4 reps
Rope Press down 4 sets of 6 reps
Rope Bent over 4 sets of 4 reps

DAY 2
BACK
Reverse lat pull downs 4 sets of 4 reps
Seated cable row 4 sets of 4 reps
Bench row 4 sets of 8 reps
Bent over laterals 4 sets of 8 reps

BICEPS
Dumbbell curls 4 sets of 4 reps
Reverse curls 4 sets of 4 reps
Hammer curls 4 sets of 4 reps

DAY 3
Squats 4 sets of 4 reps
Front squats 4 sets 6 reps
Stiff legged dead lift 4 sets of 4 reps
Leg extensions 4 sets of 6 reps
Leg curls 4 sets of 6 reps
Lunges 4 sets of 8 reps

ABS (Every other day)
20 sit ups
20 v-ups
20 sit ups
20 obliques each side
20 sit ups
20 (10 each leg) connects
20 sit ups
20 10-10-10
20 sit ups
20 connects
20 sit ups
20 scoops
20 sit ups
1 minute flutter kicks
20 sit ups

Then you do planks in sets of a minute

* do a normal plank for 10 seconds
* then hold you right arm out in front of you off the ground and left foot straight back behind you off the ground for 5 seconds
* then hold your right arm and left foot off the ground out to the side of your body for 5 seconds
* then hold your right arm out in front of you off the ground and left foot straight back behind you off the ground for 5 seconds
* then do a normal plank for 10 seconds
* then hold you left arm out in front of you off the ground and right foot straight back behind you off the ground for 5 seconds
* then hold your left arm and right foot off the ground out to the side of your body for 5 seconds
* then hold your left arm out in front of you off the ground and right foot straight back behind you off the ground for 5 seconds
* then do a normal plank for 10 seconds

I tend to keep a day between each day I lift and on those days I do some sort of carido, like running or swimming. In addition to that workout I have been using a Wii Fit to do Yoga and some Strength training

2. Get caught up on console video games.
Have you become addicted to WoW and caused your 360/Wii/Ps3 to just collect dust? Well the time is now my friend for you to become the best of friends with your forgotten hardware. Being a WoW addict you like XP and rewards, luckly there is a game for you, Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. The goal of this game is to kill terrorists and save Vegas. Each kill you get results in XP and the more XP you have the more weapons and armor you unlock. This idea will be very familiar to those who PvP, its exactly like the honor system!!!
Whats that you don't like shooting games or you dont have a 360/ps3? Then grab that wiimote and bust out Mario Kart Wii. This game just further improves on the classic formula of having your favorite Mario characters throw banana peels and turtle shells at each other. You will find that 50cc races are a breeze while 100cc start to get tough and 150cc will kick your ass if you don't know what your are doing. Oh and further good news, you get to unlock courses and characters!
If all else fails take out your Nintendo DS and play games like Brain Age or CrossworDS not only are the games fun, but it is a great mind stimulant

3. Read a Book
I love reading, but once I went away to college I seemed to find myself reading less and less. Reading is a great stress reliever and is excellent at stimulating the mind. Reading Blogs don't count, get something you can hold in your hand and bring with you somewhere like....

4. Go outside
It's June, stop being a hermit and go outside. Toss around a football, sit at a beach rob an ice cream truck, I really don't care just get outside and give your pasty skin some color.

5 . Do that one thing you never had time for
So you wanted to learn how to play a guitar, but you "never had time". Well with this added WoWless free time learn how to play Stairway to Heaven like everybody else.

So there you have it, five different activities that you can partake in while your computer is in for repairs. If you have any other suggestions please let me know so I can add them

No comments: