Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Undergeared and making progress

The only T4 Raid I have done is Kara, and I don't have the gear that would make me an "elite" healer yet. But my Guild needs me to progress in gear and in ability so I have been going on T5 and T6 raids with them. It is a great way to gain experience. I usually get assigned to healing a tank while doing raid healers with one or two other healers, nothing to challenging. I downed Lurker in SSC with the guild last week and then they switched me out, I really did not care because I got some raid experience and some DPK!
Last night we did BT. As a guild we have only killed the first boss, so knew it would be a good raid if we downed Supremus. As we were fighting Naj'entus the first time people were not removing spikes and throwing them so we downed him to 3% with only 6 guys left and his shield recharged him back to 8% /wipe. Our next try went really well and we downed him without much of an issue. All that dropped was mail/plate grrr. We then moved onto some mob killing and Supremus. During our first encounter I went down fast! I walked right on top of a volcano and bit it hard. This attempt ultimately lead to a wipe so we grouped back up and went for it. and you know what second time was a charm! maybe it was because we were all fueled with American pride knowing that Michal Phelps just won his 10th gold medal but we performed that encounter like it was our job. only 3 or 4 people went down and we nuked the hell out of him! we went crazy on vent!


that is me on the far left getting my dance on. for some reason the guild did not wanna take a picture of me tree-bagging him....

it was approaching the end of raid time so we decided to make a push towards Shade and give a whack at him. because no one thought we would get that far, no one really read up about this fight and it showed. I think it was a full wipe within a minute and a half. but we were so proud of ourselves at that point no one really cared.

Right now I am working on getting geared up, because I know I need to put up bigger numbers. We had 9 people healing last night and I finished in a respectable 7th place. Not bad for being way under geared (I still have a couple greens).

No comments: