Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lucky

Ok so my younger brother told me yesterday that he wants to get into World Of Warcraft. I don't know why but i did not think about the whole recruiting thing. Then today I was checking the guild forms and everyone was going crazy about the new benefits of recruiting. I quickly send an invite out to my brother and call him, at work mind you. THANK GOD he had not signed up yet!!! He went out last night and purchased the game and a 2 month card JACKPOT!!! I get this fancy new Mount!



Now for all of you who have not read about the added benefits What is "Recruit-A-Friend"?

Ok a lot going on there. Interesting points made are that when you quest with your friend/family they will gain triple XP on everything! Yes everything, from mob kills to quest hand-ins. This does NOT stack on top of rest XP though, the rest XP will be saved for when you are soloing. This is not stackable with other recruits, so there goes my idea of a 15x experience bonus. This is only in effect however when both are in the same party and are together at the same location. I like this, it will make you play with your friend and I think it prevents random guys at the checkout line of Best Buy from "recruiting" you just to gain some benefits.

The one thing that I hate to love is that for every two levels your recruit gains he can grant a character of yours a "free level". For those of you who played Pokemon, and be honest I know most of you did, its kinda like the rare candy. This is capped at level 60 though, so no one can auto level to 70 just by having their friend/family play some really easy low levels. The entire reason why I have an alt is because I think leveling is fun, but some people will abuse this... I have not read anywhere that it is only limited to one character per account, so maybe some people will create the account for 10 days and continue to just make level two characters sending one level to their "new" alt they are leveling. going from 1-60 in a matter of days. for free none the less. I really hope with that I did not give anyone an idea...
**EDIT** as i have found out playing with my brother, you can only grant a level to a character of a lower level then you. This is great because it allows my brother to continue playing with his toon leveling him up while I do some raids and then if he wants me to play with him, he auto-levels me up to where he is and we continue on our way

I really like the summon feature. To many people who are just starting playing it is hard for them to understand all that is going on, and this summon feature will allow them to call on their friend to come and aid instantly. Plus this will help with the 3x XP bonus. If one of the two are soloing and the other logs on, might as well bring them along too, you would be foolish not to.

You remained linked to this account for 90 days, which is really nice, maybe I should have told my brother to hold off until later to start so then our 3x XP bonus could go into WotLK! o well, its the last few weeks of summer and I will get to play with him this way, because I refuse to play COD4 with him under my firm belief that it is a completely overrated shooter.

Again I don't know how many times I stress this in this blog, but have fun. Some people might have a blast leveling characters and getting into the story, other people just enjoy playing with their friends. If you got recruited and still want to experience the story, buy the two month subscription and let your friend have that cool mount. You dont have to quest with them and it will be your conscience decision not to gain a 3x XP bonus on kills/quests. If you are the friend who is going to "power level" their friend, dont get upset that they don't have the skills you would expect pre 8/6/08 level 70 to have they got rushed to the end, backlash has to happen at some point.

No comments: